Adjust My HDTV Comcast Cable for a Better Picture
Like many other cable service providers, Comcast offers high definition programming as part of their service offerings. With an HD cable set-top box, you can view HD broadcasts, premium HD channels and HD on-demand content. To get the best picture for your HDTV, you will need to set up the set-top box properly.
1. Connect your Comcast cable box to your HDTV with an HDMI cable if it is not already connected with one. This will give you the best picture possible.
2. Turn on your TV and Comcast cable box.
3. Turn off the cable box and immediately press the “Menu” button on the remote. This will bring up the User Settings menu on your TV.
4. Press the down arrow key on the remote to highlight “TV Type” and press the right arrow key to change it to “16:9.”
5. Press the down arrow key to highlight “HDMI/YPbPr Output” and press the right arrow key to change it to “Native.”
6. Press the down arrow key to highlight “My TV Supports The Following Format” and use the right arrow keys to select the HD formats that your TV supports. Most HDTV’s will support 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i. If your HDTV is a Full HD 1080p set, select 1080p24 and 1080p30 as well. The set-top box will then display programs in the format that they are broadcast in, giving you the best picture possible.