The picture quality of movies streamed from Netflix onto your PS3 can be improved.
Beginning late in 2010, subscription movie company Netflix began offering streaming video to owners of the PlayStation 3 (PS3) video game console. Streaming video allows users to watch videos instantly through their Internet-connected consoles directly on their televisions. As a result of this process, Netflix has become the largest single source of Internet traffic, accounting for 25 percent. However, some users of this service complain that they don’t receive a good picture when they access Netflix through the PS3. Fixing that problem can be as simple as changing the resolution.
1. Turn on the PS3.
2. Scroll down to “System Settings” on the main menu. Locate “Settings” and tap the “X” button.
3. Move the cursor to “Display Settings” and tap the “X” button.
4. Click on “Video Output Settings” and press the “X” button.
5. Verify the cable connection currently set up with your PS3 and tap the “X” button.
6. Scroll down to the “Custom” option setting and press the “X” button. Select 1080p and click in the check box by tapping the “X” button. Click on the “Save Changes” link and press the “X” button.