If you have a used Honda car, you might be ready to trade it in on a new vehicle or sell it to make some extra money towards buying a new car. Before selling or trading your car, though, you’ll want to get an appraisal to make sure you’re getting the best price.
1. Purchase a copy of the NADA Guide from your nearest bookstore or auto parts store. These books contain the value of almost every car and it can give you a basic idea of the value on your Honda.
2. Visit the Kelley Blue Book website to get information on what your car is worth both as a trade in or a private sale. You can search for the exact make, model and year of your used Honda.
3. Complete a free online appraisal at Cars Direct. They take you through a step-by-step process to determine the exact worth of your car based on the condition, mileage and a number of other factors.
4. Search the Auto Appraisal website to find an agent in your area. The company has agents in nearly all 50 states with field agents working in multiple cities in each area.
5. Schedule an appointment with one of the Auto Appraisal field agents simply by filling out the online form. One of the agents in your area will then contact you about setting up an appointment time when it’s convenient for you.
6. Check your phone book to see if there are any appraisers in your general area. These appraisers often work for auction houses and insurance companies, but they also offer appraisals on private cars.