You can buy a car while stationed in Europe. The military helps troops purchase cars overseas through the Military Advantage Program or through local dealers. Buying a car overseas is not more difficult than buying a car in the United States, and comes with pricing perks.
Buying an American Car while stationed in Europe
1. You can buy a U.S. brand through the Military Advantage Program, which offers Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Harley-Davidson and Buell vehicles. You can customize a car through the Military Advantage Program, and military personnel are given rebates and low pricing options.
2. Decide how you will pay for the car. Dealers at the Military Advantage Program will work directly with your lender of choice to secure low rate financing.
3. Decide when and where you want to pick up your car. The Military Advantage Program will deliver to any overseas base or in the United States. If your duty orders change, you can change the location of delivery.
Buying a European Car through the European Delivery Program
4. Decide what brand of car you want. You can choose from Volvo, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi.
5. Go the the manufacturers website to find information about their European Delivery Program. The delivery program is for Americans who want to pick up their car directly from the factory in Europe. Two plane tickets, a hotel, and factory tour are the perks of the program. You also get to buy the car at its wholesale price with no dealer fees. The program will ship your car to the United States for free.
6. Decide what model of car you want. Not all models are available through the European Delivery Program.
7. Contact your nearest dealer to enroll in the program and purchase the car.