Many riders would love to own a Harley Davidson motorcycle. Unfortunately, new bikes can cost buyers way more than their budgets permit. To save money, you can choose to buy a used Harley Davidson. You’ll just need to make sure that the Harley is in good shape before making your purchase.
1. Locate used Harley Davidson listings. Look on the Harley Davidson website and online classifieds to see the used Harley bikes available in your area. Before you look for a bike, get an idea about current market values of Harleys.
2. Find out the enhancements made to the bike. When you buy a new Harley motorcycle, most of the features are standard. A benefit of buying a used Harley bike is that the tank, exhaust, carb, and other aspects of the motorcycle may have been upgraded.
3. Examine the appearance of the Harley Davidson motorcycle. Look for any rust, dents, and scratches to determine if the asking price is fair.
4. Check out the mileage. Ideally, the Harley will have low miles, so you know it will last a long time.
5. Inquire about where the Harley was stored. If the used bike was garage kept, you can rest assured that it did not sustain damage from being left outside for extended periods of time.