When you buy a new pair of Ariat cowboy boots, the first thing do is establish a program of proper, regular care and cleaning. With some attention and loving care, your boots will provide you with many years of enjoyment and comfort. Ariat offers many styles of cowboy boots. Though each style is different, the care process remains the same. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Spread newspaper or a protective cloth over your work area before application to prevent damage to your workspace.
2. Select a leather protector for your new Ariat boots. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the proper application procedure. Wait for the protector coat to dry, usually one to two hours, before wearing your boots.
3. Use a soft-bristled brush to clean any dirt or debris from your boots on a regular basis. Avoid letting dirt sit on your boots for extended periods. Wipe them with a damp cloth if necessary.
4. Apply a leather-cleaning product when your boots become heavily soiled. Apply the cleaner according to the manufacturer’s instructions and allow your boots to dry for at least an hour after cleaning.
5. Reapply the leather protector once the boots have dried after a thorough cleaning, or every two to three months, depending on how often you wear your boots.
6. Avoid leaving your boots in high heat, humidity or direct sunlight for an extended period. Extreme weather conditions can degrade the leather.