The Visa Extras program lets you earn rewards for the shopping you would probably do anyway. Once you have enrolled in the program, you begin to accumulate points every time you make a qualifying purchase with your linked accounts. You can redeem these points for a variety of products, services and gift cards. To take advantage of this perk, you have to cash in your Visa points before they expire.
1. Log-in to your Visa points account. The number of points available is listed in the upper left corner of the screen.
2. Search for your desired product using the search tool at the top of the page, or click on one of the categories in the left sidebar. Click on the item title to learn more about it.
3. Select a gift certificate or a cash value award if you don’t see anything you want.
4. Select an item to order by clicking the “Add to Cart” link next to that item. You will be redirected to your cart. Click one of the categories in the sidebar, or use the search box, if you want to continue shopping.
5. Return to your cart when you’re ready to check out. You can do this by clicking “View Cart” at the top of the page or by adding something to your cart. Authorize Visa Extras to deduct the point value from your balance by clicking the check box at the bottom of the page. Click “Continue to checkout.”
6. Enter your shipping address and contact information and click “Continue.”
7. Review your information to make sure it’s correct and click “Place my order.”
8. Check your e-mail to make sure you received your confirmation number before navigating away from the confirmation page.