It’s easy to design your own unique Harley-Davidson Road King with the Customizer tool at the Harley-Davidson website.
While many people love the stock Harley-Davidson Road King, others find it a perfect canvas for their artistic vision. Before setting off to spend your money on parts and accessories, do your design homework in front of the computer. Harley-Davidson’s Customizer tool is not only fun, it gives you the opportunity to explore all the options available to modify your existing Road King, or build a brand new one.
Genuine Motor Accessories Customizer for New or Used
1. Visit the Customizer tool at the Harley-Davidson website. Open an account or continue without opening an account (see Step Two). Click on the “Login to My Garage” link three-quarters of the way down the page on the left-hand side. Click the “Create Profile” link halfway down the page on the right-hand side. Fill in your e-mail address, password, name and birth date. Scroll down to read the whole form. Click the “Save” button on the bottom left-hand side of the page. Click the “Back to Login” button at the top of the page on the right-hand side. Enter your e-mail address and password in the space provided in the top left corner. Click the “Login” button.
2. Click the “Touring” button on the top navigation menu. Click the motorcycle model icon entitled “FLHRC.” Click “Stock” from the drop-down menu. Click on the color of your choice from the color boxes under the Road King photo on the right-hand side. Click the small box under the Road King photo on the left-hand side when you wish to view the reverse side of the motorcycle photo.
3. Review the “Categories” section at the bottom of the page. Determine which changes you would like to make to the Road King model, keeping in mind your budget and taste preferences. Choose from the following categories to modify your stock Road King model: Bags and Luggage; Decorative Collections; Electronics, Gauges, Consoles; Engine Components; Exhaust; Foot Controls; Front End Components; Hand Controls; Racks and Backrests; Screamin’ Eagle; Seats; Wheels & Sprockets; Windshields. Decide which category to view first and click on it to reveal either one or several photo options. Click on the photo option you are interested in viewing. Read the description of the option on the right-hand side of the page. Review accompanying notes such as “Important Information” and “Other Parts in Collection.” Click on the “Install on Bike” button if you choose to add the option to your Road King model. Your change is immediately reflected in the photo. Continue choosing options, or move on to the next category to repeat these steps to build your own unique Road King.
4. Click the “Add to Workbook” button if you have created a profile. Click the “Save” button. Click on “My Garage” in the top navigation and click the Road King link in the body of the page. Review your completed Road King accessorized with your choices. Scroll through the list of accessories you have added, which are listed on the right-hand side of the page along with the prices of each accessory, or click on “List View” from the top navigation. Check the prices to determine if the accessories you have chosen are in your budget. Remove options or click on “Browse Online Catalog” to add even more options. If you are buying a new Road King, click “Estimate a Payment” and review the total price with a monthly payment pre-calculated for you. Change any of the fields to reflect different interest rates or monthly payment options. Click on the icons at the top right-hand side of the page to save the bike you created, print a list of the accessories you have chosen, share by e-mail, locate a dealer in your area or shop the Genuine Motor Accessories online catalog for more accessories.
5. Download a credit application by clicking on the “Download Credit Application” PDF link if you are buying a new Road King. Click the “Find a Dealer” link to find a Harley-Davidson dealership in your area. Purchase the Road King you have designed. Alternatively, if you already own a Road King, purchase the parts you have selected and install as per the instructions provided with the hardware, or hire a Harley-Davidson dealership or other Harley mechanic to install them for you.
Shop for After-Market Parts and Acessories
6. Shop online for after-market parts. Several after-market parts suppliers for Harley-Davidson motorcycles are available.
7. Order catalogs from after-market parts and accessories distributors. Review catalogs, making notes about the accessories that interest you. Talk to others who may have experience with these products to get their feedback.
8. Visit after-market parts and accessories websites featuring products for Harley-Davidson. Search for keywords such as “Harley-Davidson exhaust systems,” “custom motorcycle seats,” “motorcycle saddlebags,” “tires for Harley-Davidson,” “luggage for Road King,” “fairings for Road King,” “wheels for Harley-Davidson” and “electronic components for Road Kings.”