If the LED Lamp in your JVC HD-56G647 needs replacing, a message appears on your television screen every time you turn it on. You can clear the message by pressing “OK” on your remote control but eventually, the lamp will burn out and the screen will go black. When this happens, you won’t be able to watch television again until you change the lamp. Your model of television requires the replacement lamp unit model number TS-CL110U. JVC warns that using a different model number can cause your TV to malfunction or possibly damage your TV.
1. Turn off your television. Once the screen is off and the Lamp LED light on the front of the TV has stopped blinking, unplug your television. If the TV has been on for any amount of time, let it sit for at least an hour for the lamp to cool off.
2. Remove the lamp cover on the bottom left part of the television under the screen. Use your Phillips-head screwdriver to loosen and remove the screw securing the cover. Then use the knob on the cover to pull it off the television.
3. Loosen and remove the two screws securing the lamp housing unit with the same screwdriver. If you feel any heat from the lamp, wait until it has cooled off completely before continuing.
4. Grab the handle for the lamp housing unit and gently pull the entire unit out of the television.
5. Insert the replace lamp housing unit into the television. Hold the unit by the handle. Never touch the bulb with your fingers.
6. Secure the lamp housing unit with the two screws.
7. Replace the lamp cover and use the screw to secure it.