Your Nook’s background is the wallpaper image that appears on all of your Nook’s home screens. If you don’t like the current wallpaper you can quickly and easily change it to display another image. Both the Nook Color and the Nook 1st Edition have backgrounds that you are able to alter. The Nooks come with several wallpaper images to choose from, and you also have the opportunity to truly customize your Nook Color by using one of the images you have uploaded to it as a background.
1. Press the “Home” button, which looks like a lowercase “n” and sits just below the screen, to go to your Nook‘s Home Screen.
2. Tap your finger anywhere on the background image and hold your finger down until you see a menu appear. Tap “Change Wallpaper.”
3. Tap the “Wallpapers” tab to look through a collection of wallpapers preloaded on your Nook. Tap the “Photo Gallery” to look through a collection of images you have uploaded to your Nook. Once you have made a selection, you can slide your finger up and down the screen to scroll through the available background.
4. Tap the image that you want to use as a background. If you have selected one of your own images, a crop box will appear. Tap and drag the edges of the crop box so that the box encloses the part of the image you want to use and then tap the “Save” button.
Nook 1st Edition
5. Touch the “Home” button, which sits between the main LCD and the touch-screen LCD strip. Tap the “Settings” icon when it appears on the touch-screen LCD.
6. Tap “Display” on the next menu and then tap “Wallpaper.” The wallpaper images will appear on the small LCD.
7. Drag your finger across the screen to scroll through your background choices, then tap the background image that you want to use. Tap the “Home” button to make your selected background appear on the main LCD.