Automobile wheels take a lot of abuse. Dirt, grit from roads and brake dust can all settle on wheels and may mar the finish over time. In some cases, removing grime from wheels is simply a matter of taking a soapy sponge to the wheels. However, for optimal results, a little extra time and the right kinds of cleaners, cleaners made specifically for chrome mag wheels, are much better. With proper (and frequent) cleaning, the finish will last longer on your mag wheels and your whole car (or motorcycle) will look newer.
1. Dust extra dirt and debris off the wheel. Use a soft cloth to do this and do not rub — dirt particles may scratch the finish.
2. Fill a clean spray bottle with cool water. Spray generously over the chrome surface and wipe off water and remaining dirt with a microfiber cloth.
3. Spray chrome mag wheel cleaner over the surface and wait just a few minutes. Rub the chrome with a clean microfiber towel.
4. Dip a cloth into a container of chrome wheel protective wax. You’ll need only a small amount of wax on the cloth — about the size of a quarter.
5. Spread a layer of the wax over the wheel. Buff it, wiping off any excess wax until it shines.