Clean your mag wheels regularly to keep them shiny and dirt free.
Mag car wheels are attractive, but the wheels do attract dirt and dust from the air as well as asphalt and debris from the roads the wheels travel on. Over time, asphalt and debris builds up on the mag wheels and can cause the wheels to discolor and rust. Each time you clean your car, clean your car’s mag wheels with a non-abrasive, acid-free cleaner and a soft cloth. Abrasive cleaners will cause scratches that can be permanent.
1. Spray the mag wheels with water from a water hose to remove any loose dust and dirt from the wheels. Wear latex gloves to keep your hands from getting wet and dirty.
2. Apply 2 tbsp. of a grease cleaner or cleaner designed for cleaning mag/aluminum wheels onto a soft, non-abrasive cloth or rag.
3. Scrub the mag wheel with the cleaner-soaked cloth or rag.
4. Scrub any stubborn dirt and grime buildup with a soft, non-abrasive cloth or rag soaked in 2 tbsp. of cleaner and wrapped around the bristles of a small brush.
Do not scrub the mag wheel directly with the brush–this will cause scratches on the wheels.
5. Spray the mag wheel to wash away the dirt and grime buildup.
6. Reapply cleaner to the cloth or rag. Continue cleaning the mag wheel until it is dirt and grime free.
7. Spray the mag wheel with water to rinse away the cleaner and any remaining dirt.
8. Repeat steps 2 through 7 for the remaining mag wheels.
9. Dry the mag wheels with a soft, non-abrasive cloth or rag.
10. Apply 2 tbsp. of a mag wheel polish/compound to a soft, non-abrasive cloth or rag.
11. Polish the mag wheels with the polish/compound-soaked cloth or rag. Reapply polish/compound if needed.