Monitors with HDMI inputs can display HDTV channels.
Many modern-day computer monitors aren’t all that different from those expensive HDTVs you find at stores like Wal-Mart and Best Buy. While they lack the sheer mass of inputs found on HDTVs and the capacity to change channels and hook up to traditional cable boxes, computer monitors with HDMI inputs are capable of displaying HDTV channels. Connecting your high-definition computer monitor to your HDTV cable box is easy and only takes a few minutes.
1. Power off your high-definition cable box, and disconnect it from your HDTV if it is already connected to one.
2. Plug in your high-definition computer monitor, and set it up near your HD cable box.
3. Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI output on the back of the cable box if one is not already connected.
4. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of your high-definition computer monitor.
5. Power on the monitor, and set the input channel to HDMI.
6. Power on the cable box, and set it up as you would normally.