You can make wallpaper from a photograph.
Google’s Android phone operating system is very customizable. The wallpaper is just one of the areas that can be personalized. In fact, you can make your own. Androids support both live and static wallpaper. Here we will concentrate on making static wallpaper.
1. Determine the dimension of the screen. Keep in mind the scrolling to the two sides. Different Android devices require different size images for their wallpapers. For example:
MyTouch 3G: 640 x 480
Samsung Galaxy: 960 x 800
2. Use an image-editing application, such as Photoshop Elements or GIMP, to create Android wallpaper to the desired dimensions. Select a picture of your choice and open it in your image editor. Set the crop tool to the desired dimensions aspect ratio and select the portion of the picture you want to use.
3. Re-size the file to the desired dimensions before saving it. This may seem redundant, but if you used the aspect ratio, the actual pixel size of the file could be 1280 x 960, making the file four times larger than it needs to be.
4. Save the file to your hard drive.
5. Copy the file to your Android device. Connect the Android phone to the computer via the USB cable. Mount the SD card and copy the wallpaper files to the SD card from the computer.
6. Disconnect the Android phone from the computer and use the Gallery tool to set the new files as the device’s wallpaper.