You do not need technical knowledge to start trading online.
More and more consumers turn to the Internet for their shopping needs. With mobile phone commerce also going from strength to strength, it seems that the World Wide Web is the place to be. For many businesses, having a strong online presence is more important than physical shops or offices. In fact, not having a business website is something many consumers consider amateurish. Internet can be intimidating for those who think they need a technical knowledge to open an online store or start trading online. The truth is that starting a Web fashion store has never been easier.
1. Choose an easy and catchy domain name that suits the nature of your business.
Buy a domain name from the company that will also do your web-hosting. If you are new to online commerce, choose a domain hosting package that provides extensive customer support. Remember to add an email address to the package that will match the the URL address of your online fashion store.
2. Set up your store, following the directions in the eCommerce software you choose. Many easy-to-use, cheap software packages guide you step by step through the registration and setup process.
3. Upload good-quality photos of your products and an informative description for each product, using your eCommerce software. Include product specifications such as size, color, fit and type of fabric in your item descriptions.
4. Optimize for search engines by adding keywords and meta tags, as directed by your software. Streamline your website by giving keyword-friendly names to your website and product sections. Write copy that is rich in keywords, relevant to the nature of your business and informative to customers.
5. Test your website by typing your store URL address in your Internet browser and see if it shows up. Test in different browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari. Complete a full shopping process, from selecting a product to processing payments to receiving a shipment confirmation.