Faux red roses add a romantic touch to a bedroom.
Even if you are decorating your bedroom on a very small budget, you can transform the space into a love nest using rich colors and soft fabrics. Infuse the space with rose-inspired details and gold accessories. Surround yourself with textiles that feel good to the touch. Enhance the bedroom with fragrant candles and flowers that look as good as they smell. Decorating your bedroom with romantic style will allow you to indulge all of your senses. The space will be a respite after a long, hectic day. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Paint the bedroom walls a rich red color to create a romantic vibe. Choose a deep, lush hue such as burgundy, crimson or rose red. If the room features neutral-colored walls, save money by painting only two walls or painting only half of all four walls.
2. Hang a white wallpaper border featuring red roses around the walls, directly under the ceiling.
3. Hang window treatments that are soft to the touch. Choose a red crushed velvet curtain to create an intimate look. Tie the curtains back with pieces of gold ribbon purchased at a discount store. Save cash by enhancing existing curtains with red velvet valances.
4. Spruce up current bedding with romance-inspired items. Decorate a white comforter with a pink heart- or red lips-shaped pillow and a matching throw blanket. Spray the bedding with a rose-scented fabric fragrance to create a romantic mood.
5. Create soft, romantic lighting. Install gold wall sconces featuring elegant scroll work above the bed. Update existing sconces with gold spray paint. Decorate a vanity table with gold votive holders filled with tall red taper candles.
6. Jazz up the night stand with romantic flowers. Fill a white glass vase with several red roses. Use faux roses as a budget-friendly option. Place potpourri or a small candle in an antique teacup featuring red rose patterns and a gold rim.