The Windows and Mac operating systems come preloaded with a set of wallpapers, or desktop background pictures. You can also set any desired image as the background, whether it’s a personal photo or a downloaded picture. It’s easy to delete a wallpaper file, either preset or customized, in a few mouse clicks.
Windows Vista and XP
1. Click on the “Start” menu and then on “My Computer.”
2. Double-click the “C:” drive, scroll down and then double-click the “Windows” folder.
3. Double-click the “Web” folder to open it and then the “Wallpaper” folder.
4. Click on the wallpaper image file you want to delete and then press “Delete.” The image should be erased.
Mac OS X
5. Double-click the “Macintosh HD” icon on your desktop and open the “Applications” folder.
6. Open the “System Preferences” folder and click on “Desktop and Screen Saver.”
7. Click on the “Wallpaper” link in the left section of the window and you will see the available images in the right section of the same window.
8. Click on the image you want to remove and then drag it to the trash bin on your desktop.