Reformat your memory card to restore it to its original state.
Secure digital high-capacity memory cards allow for a higher capacity of storage; many cameras and video cameras use SDHC cards to store movies and pictures. Generally, when you first buy a SanDisk 8GB SDHC, you must format it in the device or on your computer before you begin storing files; you will also need to reformat the card after an extended period of use. The process is the same for both purposes.
Format the card on Mac OS X
1. Insert your SanDisk 8GB memory card into a card reader connected to your computer.
2. Double-click “Macintosh HD” on your desktop.
3. Click on the “Applications” folder, then the “Utilities” folder.
4. Double-click “Disk Utility”. Look on the left side to locate the drive that says “SanDisk.”
5. Select the capacity of the drive on the left side of the window. The capacity will state “8GB” or “8,388,608 kilobytes.” Click on the “Erase” tab to format the memory card. When you see “SanDisk” listed as the device’s name, the capacity will be located above. You need to select the capacity and not the device.
6. Select the appropriate “Volume Format.” Under the “Volume Format” button, select the format you wish to use. Select “Mac OS Extended” if the SanDisk 8GB will only be used on Macs, or “MS-DOS (FAT)” if you will share the card between a Mac and PC. Select “Erase” to complete the format of your SanDisk 8GB memory card.
Format the card on a PC
7. Insert the SanDisk SDHC 8GB memory card into a card reader connected to your computer.
8. Open “My Computer” or “Computer” from the “Start” menu. If the “AutoRun” box appears on your screen, close out of this box.
9. Locate the drive associated with the memory card. The drive will have a letter such as “F:” or “G:”, with “SanDisk” or “Removable Drive” located next to the drive letter. Right-click on the drive and then select “Format.”
10. Select a “File System” type. You will need to select “FAT32” for a SanDisk SDHC 8GB memory card.
11. Click on “Start” to format the SDHC memory card. Remove the SanDisk SDHC memory card from the card reader when the process completes.