High-definition (HD) cable is delivered to the home through a high-definition cable box and a high-definition cable, such as an HDMI or component cable. With HD service, television users can watch crystal-clear programming in ultra-high resolutions. If you have an HD television and wish to connect a HD cable box, do so easily by communicating with your cable company.
1. Contact your cable company by phone and request high-definition service. In most cases, you will be asked to pay an additional monthly fee for the service. As soon as it can be arranged, an HD cable box will be delivered to your home.
2. Plug your HD cable box into an electrical wall socket near your television. Connect one end of your coaxial cable to a nearby coaxial wall port. Connect the other end of the cable to the “Antenna In” coaxial port on your cable box.
3. Connect one end of your HDMI or component cables to the HDMI or component ports on the back of your HD cable box.
4. Connect the other end of your HDMI or component cables to the HDMI or component ports on the back of your television.
5. Turn on your television and HD cable box. Change the television to its HDMI or component input channel, depending on the cable you used. You should be able to see the signal from the HD cable box on your television.