You can increase the power in your 2008 Harley-Davidson Ford F-150 by installing a performance chip. The chip plugs into the electronic control unit (ECU) of the vehicle. There are no special tools required to complete the installation. The chip re-programs the computer to increase the timing and the amount of fuel that is delivered to the engine. This increases throttle response and horsepower, allowing you to accelerate faster and pull heavier loads.
1. Open the hood by pulling the release lever located inside the cab.
2. Loosen the nut that secures the negative battery terminal to the battery post with a wrench. Remove the battery cable from the battery.
3. Locate the ECU under the hood on the passenger’s side of the firewall. The ECU has three wiring harnesses.
4. Remove the harness on the left side of the ECU by pressing the release lever and pulling the harness away from the ECU.
5. Press the performance chip into the ECU.
6. Plug the stock wiring harness into the performance chip. Check to see that all the connections are tight and secure.
7. Reattach the negative battery terminal and tighten the nut with the wrench.