There is a free satellite TV solution for consumers who want a variety of television channels without paying ongoing subscription fees. Free to Air satellite television channels are unencrypted and legally available to the public for no charge. The consumer buys and installs receiving equipment to watch an unlimited number of channels, of different genres, from around the world.
1. Locate a Free to Air satellite equipment retailer. There are many vendors that post information and equipment prices online that enable consumers to get satellite TV for free. The Free to Air Stores Guide website can help you find a retailer.
2. Determine your needs and preferences. Equipment choices vary in quality, size, functionality and cost.
3. Evaluate the different equipment types. There are several different types of receivers, dishes and other television satellite gear. Ask questions if you are not familiar with satellite TV equipment.
4. Purchase the appropriate dish, receiver, motor, LNB and remote to build your satellite television system. Inquire about return policies and warranty agreements.
5. Install equipment for free satellite television. Vendors usually offer installation service for a fee. It may be worth the cost if you are not familiar with satellite equipment installation. However, you can install the equipment on your own.
6. Watch free satellite TV programming on your satellite system. View a list of television and radio channels currently available in the U.S. on the LyngSat website.