Connect HDTV to the Sony receiver with an HDMI cable.
The Sony Ht-7000Dh is a high-definition (HD) home theater system with digital input and output ports for connecting HDTV and an HD cable receiver. The connections require two High Definition Media Interface (HDMI) cables to input the cable box signal to the Sony receiver and to output the HD video from the receiver to the HDTV. Each six-sided HDMI cable plug transmits high-definition video and digital multichannel audio through a single connection for a fast setup.
1. Line up the widest edge of the HDMI plug on one end of the cable with the wide edge of the HDMI OUT jack on the back of the HD cable receiver. Push the plug straight in. The widest edge on the jack will be on top.
2. Plug in the other end of the cable into one of the four numbered HDMI input jacks on the rear of the Sony receiver. Remember which numbered jack is used for the connection.
3. Hook up the second HDMI cable from the single HDMI OUT jack on the rear of the Sony receiver to an HDMI input jack on the back of the HDTV.
4. Plug in the power cords and turn on the components. Set the Sony receiver’s selector knob on the front of the component to the name of the HDMI jack connecting it with the cable receiver, for example “HDMI 4.”
5. Press the “Input” button on the HDTV remote control to access the HDMI input that connects the television to the Sony.