Install a Harley-Davidson Detachable Windshield
The first Harley-Davidson motorcycle was introduced in the beginning of the 20th century and had little to offer the rider in creature comforts. Today, Harley-Davidsons are available with a wide array of accessories designed to make the riding experience enjoyable. One of these accessories is the Harley-Davidson detachable windshield. The windshield deflects wind, insects, and road grime from the rider, making a more comfortable and fatigue-free ride. The detachable windshield can be installed in just a few minutes with no tools.
1. Place soft, clean rags on the headlamp assembly and at the forward edge of the fuel tank to avoid scratching or other damage while installing the windshield. Make sure the front wheel is pointing straight ahead so that the windshield brackets do not scratch the painted surface of the fuel tank.
2. Remove the old windshield (if equipped) by grasping it at its vertical edges. Pull the windshield forward to loosen it from the rubber bushings. Place the windshield aside once it has been completely freed of the bushings.
3. Install the new windshield by placing the hooks on the bottom bracket of the windshield assembly onto the channel of the rubber bushing on the spotlight mounting bracket.
4. Place the hooks on the top bracket of the windshield assembly onto the channel of the upper rubber bushings.
5. Push in on the windshield assembly firmly until it seats on all of the rubber bushings completely.
6. Move the handlebars back and forth to make sure the windshield and its brackets clear any obstructions before riding the motorcycle. Remove the protective rags.