Stock switch covers.
To customize your Harley-Davidson motorcycle, you can do many things, including a custom paint job and changing the handle bars, throttle cables and switch covers. Changing switch covers is an easy way to customize your bike. While the process of changing out the switch covers is pretty easy, it will take some time to install them correctly.
Chrome Ingnition Switch Cover Installation
1. Remove the ignition-switch-face nut.
2. Remove the front mounting bolt on the fuel tank.
3. Remove the ignition cover mounting screw; then remove and discard the original ignition switch cover.
4. Place the chrome ignition-switch cover in position and install the original mounting screw. Tighten the screw.
5. Reinstall the front fuel tank mounting bolt. Tighten the bolt.
6. Install the face nut to secure the switch to the cover and tighten.
Installing Neutral Switch Cover Kit
7. Disconnect the battery cables, negative cable first.
8. Unplug the neutral switch wires from the switch.
9. Loosely start the set screws into the mounting bracket.
10. Install the mounting bracket over the switch hex. The bracket surface should rest against the transmission top cover with threaded holes facing up toward the rear cylinder.
11. Tighten the set screws. Do not tighten one all the way and then do the other; snug one screw then snug the other screw. Tighten the rest of the way.
12. Plug in the switch wires.
13. Install the cover over the mounting bracket, using the washer and the 8/32-inch button-head screw, using the provided wrench. Do not pinch the wires.
14. Reconnect the battery cables, positive first.