The Dyna’s battery is located on the lower right side of the motorcycle, enclosed within a battery compartment
The 2005 Harley-Davidson Dyna family of motorcycles uses a powerful AGM 12-volt battery to start the engine. This battery is located on the lower right side of the motorcycle, enclosed within a battery compartment. Changing out the battery is a fairly straightforward task, but care should be taken to avoid damaging the motorcycle or injuring oneself. The length of time to change out a battery on a Dyna should be no more than 30 minutes.
1. Turn the motorcycle key to the “Off” position.
2. Unscrew the fasteners retaining the side-mounted battery cover with a Phillips screwdriver. Remove the cover, exposing the battery terminals.
3. Disconnect the rubber strap holding the battery in place. Loosen and remove the negative battery cable using a 10 mm open-ended wrench. Follow with the positive battery cable.
4. Slide the battery free from the battery box.
5. Install a new battery into position in reverse order.