The Power Commander III USB device is a racing performance add-on for your 2006 to 2008 Yamaha YZF 600 R6S. This device adjusts your fuel range performance up to plus or minus 100 percent using your bike’s fuel injection system. Any changes you make manually or authorize, does not lock into your bike’s stock system settings permanently. After removing the unit, your Yamaha will revert back to its original fuel performance settings.
1. Remove the “Main Seat” and “Passenger Seat” on your Yamaha R6S by pulling both seats upward.
2. Unbolt the “Front Fuel Tank” with a wrench or ratchet and lift the tank up high enough to allow for easy access. Use an item around your garage to keep the fuel tank propped up.
3. Remove the “Rubber Plug” near the bike’s tail section by pulling it down.
4. Insert the Power Commander device into the tail section of your Yamaha momentarily, then slide the Power Commander wires through the “Inner Fender.”
5. Slide the Power Commander wires down the right side of your bike and through the bike’s “Subframe.”
6. Slide the Power Commander wires under the “Fuel Tank Bracket,” and join the “Ground Wire” from the Power Commander device to the “Negative Side” of your bike’s battery.
7. Unhook both “Six Pin” connectors from the fuel tank’s “Throttle Body.” One connector will be white and the other black.
8. Plug the “Black” six pin power connectors from the Power Commander device into the “Black” connectors in the “Stock Wiring Harness.” Plug the “White” six pin power connectors from the Power Commander device into the “White” connectors in the “Stock Wiring Harness.”
9. Clean the “Tail Section” of the bike and the “Power Commander” device with an alcohol swab, then strap the Power Commander device on the tail section using the supplied “Velcro Strip.”
10. Double-check your connections, then reattach and bolt your “Fuel Tank” back down.
11. Reassemble the “Main Seat” and “Passengers Seat.”