Thanks to the Internet, it’s easy to find old parts for your classic Pontiac.
Whether you like restoring classic cars, or have a vehicle that needs repair, you can find the right part for your old pontiac. General Motors provides official parts from the USA GM Parts website. You can also check out California Pontiac Restoration’s website for thousands of original and reproduction parts. Forums and online communities of classic Pontiac owners are another source for finding old parts, but you should do your own research before purchasing anything from one of these sites.
1. Visit the USA GM Parts website. On the left side of the page, choose the year, make and model from the drop-down menus and click search. If the car is older than 1990, click on the “Classic Car” link at the bottom of the “Year” menu.
2. Click on the part or system you want to look up from the list of links that appear on the left side of the page.
3. Click on the subcategory link you want when they appear. For example, if you click on “Cooling system,” then click on “Radiator.”
4. Choose from the next list of subcategories to find the exact part. After clicking on “Radiator,” you can choose between “Lower hose,” “Upper hose” or “Radiator cap.”
5. Choose from the list of parts that appear. The parts may differ depending on the specific engine in your car, or if it’s two-wheel or four-wheel drive. Each listing includes the part number.
6. Visit the Pontiac Group’s Parts Catalog website specifically for classic cars. Click on the group of parts you’re looking for, then click on the subheading. A list of available parts and their prices will appear.