Simple exercises can tone the thighs.
Thigh fat is a common problem for both men and women. Fat commonly collects in the hips, stomach and thighs. According to “Better Nutrition” magazine, losing weight only from the thigh area is impossible. You will need to exercise the entire body to burn off fat; eventually, you will lose fat from the thigh area. Every body is different and has different problem areas. Everyone will lose fat from different areas sooner than others. Where we can focus is on burning as much fat as possible while toning the thighs.
1. Exercise frequently. You will need to conduct as much cardiovascular, fat-burning, high-intensity exercise as possible to kick start your system into fat-burning mode. Do this by running, cycling, swimming, dancing or following a workout DVD. Aim to exercise for at least an hour a day, three to five times a week.
2. Ensure that you are doing your cardiovascular training at a 75 to 80 percent intensity level. Use a heart rate monitor that will calculate this for you and give you an accurate measurement. These are inexpensive and available at supermarkets and sports stores.
3. Tone your thighs with lunges and squats. Incorporate these exercises into your daily routine. Squats will also help tone your arms if you hold dumbbells in your hand while doing them.
4. Cut out all junk food and foods that are high in fat. Choose healthy meals such as fresh steamed fish and vegetables or vegetable soup.
5. Drink eight 8-oz. glasses of water daily. This will help the body flush out toxins and aid the weight loss process.