A homemade ice pack can relieve aches and pains.
A quick gel ice pack is a type of ice pack that can be stored in the freezer and reused, and is meant for easing aches and pains caused with injuries and soreness. A homemade gel ice pack can be a cheaper alternative to a store-bought pack. Plus, the homemade version uses some materials and tools you may already have on hand, which means even more savings.
1. Mix 3 cups water and 1 cup rubbing alcohol in a bowl. The alcohol will keep the water from freezing into a solid block, making the ice gel-like instead.
2. Pour the water into a gallon-size plastic sandwich bag. Press out any excess air in the bag and seal the top.
3. Place the water-filled bag into a second sandwich bag to prevent the pack from breaking open and leaking.
4. Place the gel pack in the freezer and let it freeze.
5. Keep the pack in the freezer until ready to use. When finished using the pack, place it back in the freezer until you need it next.