You can try a larger TV antenna on top of your roof.
If you don’t have cable television, you probably use a TV antenna to get reception inside your home. While an antenna can increase your chances of getting some channels, you’ll need to increase that signal to get others. This can be achieved in a variety of ways, including through an outdoor antenna, adding to your television antenna and moving things around in the room.
1. Use a pre-amplifier, or pre-amp. This electrical device plugs directly into the antenna and provides a boost to increase the signal. You can find one at most electronics stores.
2. Add a large antenna to the outside of your house. The two antennas will work together, with the one that’s placed higher getting a better signal and sending it inside. It’s best to put an outside antenna on your roof or on an outside wall as high as you can get it.
3. Extend the antenna with a piece of speaker wire. Use a small piece of masking tape to hold the wire in place and then adjust it.
4. Attach a bent metal coat hanger to the end of the existing antenna. The hanger reaches higher than a typical antenna, allowing you to get better reception.
5. Move away any metal objects, objects that conduct electricity or anything that runs on power. These things can limit the signal your antenna receives.