HD DVDs are known for providing better-quality pictures than traditional DVDs. If you purchase an HD DVD, make sure you have all of the necessary items for it to work. Otherwise you will not be able to enjoy the full benefits of an HD DVD.
1. Purchase a DVD player that is made especially for HD DVDs. If you do not have a DVD player made for HD DVDs, your DVDs will not work properly. There are also some gaming consoles that play HD DVDs. Look for the HD DVD logo on the equipment.
2. Purchase a television that is an HDTV. You will need this type of television to display the DVD properly.
3. Purchase HDMI cables. HDMI cables provide all-digital audio and video links which offer the highest-quality connection. This means you are getting the best picture you can from your HD DVD and HDTV.
4. Hook your HD DVD player to your HDTV with the HDMI cables. This will transfer the high-quality HD signal from your DVD through your DVD player for display on your HDTV.
5. Tweak the settings on your HDTV to get the color settings that you like the best for enjoying your HV DVD. You can access these color controls from the “Settings” menu on your HDTV.