The KitchenAid stand mixer is one of the most popular home mixers for today’s homemakers and food connoisseurs. Making dough in a KitchenAid stand mixer is a snap and allows for quick and easy bread making at home. Using the KitchenAid mixer to make dough is fun and fast, and you’ll be tempted to make all your bread products at home yourself. Here’s the basics on making dough in a KitchenAid mixer. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Choose a recipe for bread dough, pizza dough, pretzel dough or whatever type of dough you need to make. Gather the ingredients and plug in your KitchenAid stand mixer.
2. Measure the liquid (generally water, honey or oil) into the KitchenAid stand mix bowl. Add the dry ingredients (typically yeast, salt or sugar).
3. Add flour gradually with the KitchenAid stand mixer speed set to 2. Continue to add flour until the mixture forms a dough, soft or firm depending on your recipe recommendations.
4. Allow the KitchenAid stand mixer to knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes on speed 2 to 3.
5. Turn off the KitchenAid stand mixer and allow the dough to rest in the bowl, covered and rise for 30 minutes to an hour (check your recipe).
6. Switch the KitchenAid stand mixer on for several seconds to “punch down” the dough.
7. Knead the dough on KitchenAid stand mixer speed 1 to 2 for less than a minute. Preheat the oven to the specified temperature.
8. Shape dough or place in greased and floured pans. Allow to rise 20 to 40 minutes before baking.