Whether you have combination skin and cannot find the right foundation for you, or simply do not want to spend another dollar on makeup, you can now make your own foundation using products already present in your makeup case. With a few simple tips, you can blend the most perfect foundation you’ve ever used. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Choose a nice lotion that will become the base of your foundation. Basically any lotion will do; however, you can add extra touches if desired. For example, you can add a lotion with SPF factor so that your makeup helps to protect your skin from the sun, or even use a mildly perfumed lotion for an extra scent.
2. Find an old powdered eyeshadow that closely matches your skin tone. If you don’t have just the right color, you can blend two or even three colors until you get the right blend.
3. Use a butter knife to carefully shave 3/4 tsp. of powdered eyeshadow into a small dish. If there are any clumps in the makeup, press them down with the knife to transform them into a fine powder.
4. Add 1 tsp. of your chosen lotion to the powder and stir until the powder is evenly worked into the lotion. Transfer the mixture into a small container with a tight fitting lid.
5. Apply your new foundation to your skin using your fingertips or an applicator sponge. Always apply foundation using circular motions, beginning at the center of your face and working out. Make sure the foundation is applied evenly and absorbed into your skin before applying your regular makeup.