An HD (high definition) TV tuner is designed to receive digital television signals from broadcast towers. Those signals are transmitted to the digital television set for viewing TV programs. Make your own HD TV tuner digital antenna to increase receptive abilities. A few household tools will be needed, along with a collapsible radio antenna that can be purchased from a hobby store. Adult supervision is suggested if you are under-age, since a soldering iron will be used.
1. Expand the collapsible radio antenna to its full extended length.
2. Straighten out a paper clip with your fingers. Insert one end of the paperclip through the lug hole at the bottom of the antenna. Close the end of the paper clip over the hole by crimping it with the jaws of a needle-nose pliers.
3. Heat up the soldering iron for five minutes. Place a drop of solder onto the free end of the paper clip. Let the solder cool for a minute.
4. Place the free end of the paper clip against the center wire inside of one end of the coax cable. Place the tip of the soldering iron against the end of the paper clip. Remove the tip of the soldering iron after 10 seconds have passed.
5. Continue holding the end of the paper clip against the coax cable’s center wire for another minute. Release your hold on the paper clip. Unplug the soldering iron.
6. Stand the digital antenna you have made next to the HD TV tuner in an upright position. Plug the other end of the coax cable onto the coax connection on the back of the HD TV tuner.