Modify the exhaust pipes on your Harley to increase the rumble of your engine.
Many Harley motorcycle riders love the sound of a big, rumbling engine. You can enhance that burly sound by modifying the exhaust pipes. This can be an expensive aftermarket option if you take it into a professional shop. But you can do your own modification in your garage.
1. Find the nut on the bottom of the exhaust pipe. The nut is about a foot in from the end of the pipe.
2. Use a ratchet to remove the nut on the bottom of the pipe. Place the nut in a safe place so it isn’t lost.
3. Stick a flat screwdriver into the exhaust pipe. Press the screwdriver down at an angle so it is pressing against the bottom of the tailpipe.
4. Remove the metal baffle from inside the pipe. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 with the second exhaust pipe. The baffle is a long metallic tube that lines the inside of the pipe.
5. Use a flashlight to look in the pipe and use a screwdriver to remove the metal bolt inside. Repeat this step for the other pipe. Replace the bolts on the bottom of the pipes.