Emblems are most commonly located on the gas tank.
Installing a new motorcycle emblem onto your bike can bring a fresh, updated appearance to your motorcycle. Most companies change their emblems every few years for their newer models. If you are replacing emblems on a freshly painted bike, allow the paint to cure for the recommended amount of time before you apply the new emblems; usually this is at least one week.
1. Clean the surface on which you wish to install the emblem. Soak a clean towel in rubbing alcohol, then wipe the area thoroughly. Allow it to dry.
2. Place the emblem where you will be installing it. Measure it from different points along the motorcycle to ensure it is centered and level. Outline the edges of the emblem with the black crayon.
3. Remove the adhesive backing from the emblem. If it does not come with adhesive tape, apply 3M adhesive glue in a thin layer to the back of the emblem.
4. Center the emblem in the area you outlined on the motorcycle, then press it into place. Press firmly, focusing on the edges. Hold it in place for two minutes.
5. Wipe away any excess adhesive that may have squeezed out from beneath the emblem.
6. Allow the adhesive to cure at least 12 hours before you ride your motorcycle. Check it occasionally, pressing the edges firmly against the motorcycle.