Play Jewel Quest
Jewel Quest is a fun and easy-to-learn matching game that is similar to games like Bejeweled, but with a new twist. Your goal is to turn all the grey background tiles gold by rearranging the different jewels on the board. You can move jewels either vertically or horizontally. Depending on how well you play puzzle games, Jewel Quest can be easy or really hard. Are you up to the quest?
1. Match up three or more jewels. You can only move two jewels at a time, and they must be adjacent. You can only swap them if the swap will put one of them into a line of three or more. Completing a row or column of jewels will clear them and make the area they were in gold. When you have turned all the tiles to gold, you have completed the level!
2. Uncover the Relics! On later difficulty levels, you will be confronted with Relics; jewels that are covered in grey. In order to use them, they must be “uncovered.” To uncover a relic, move two more of the same shaped jewel next to or on top of the relic. Once the relic is uncovered, it becomes a regular jewel that can be used in the normal way.
3. Fill in the odd spaces as quickly as possible! The first level is easy; there are no blank spaces to complicate things. In later levels, you will find that a variety of spaces have been left black, indicating that you must work around them. Some jewels will be “trapped” by the black spaces, meaning that there is only a single way to clear them and turn their spot gold. Take care of these spaces first! The last thing you want is to have a difficult spot to fill at the last second!
4. Think ahead. Before you move two jewels, think about how this will affect the jewels above them. Remember, the jewels descend when you clear jewels below them. Will this clear the jewels you need in specific spots? While you may have a limited time span, take a few extra seconds and make sure the move you’re about to make is a good one.
5. Remember that you have five different types of jewels to work with. Try your best not to concentrate too hard on a single type of jewel. If you do, you may find that you skip over a really obvious move with a different jewel type.
6. Download it! By downloading Jewel Quest, you gain access to a treasure trove of new levels and challenges!
7. Keep at it! Even if you begin with a miserable start, you will eventually get better! Try not to give up after the first failure!