Bluetooth is wireless technology that allows you to exchange data between devices. In a car with a Bluetooth stereo, you can wirelessly connect your phone, iPod or other music-playing device to the stereo. Setting this up only takes a few minutes so long as you have a Bluetooth-compatible music-playing device.
1. Turn on your Bluetooth stereo.
2. Look for the Bluetooth icon on the stereo display. The location of this icon will differ depending on your stereo.
3. Turn on the Bluetooth device that holds your music, such as an iPhone.
4. Open the music software on the mobile device or the network control panel where the Bluetooth icon is accessible.
5. Look for the Bluetooth icon on the music device and press the button.
6. Click the source to pair your music device. This should be the name of your car stereo.
7. Scroll through the music on the music software to choose selections.
8. Click “Play” on the mobile device and enjoy your music.
9. Adjust the volume on either the car stereo or the mobile device.