Program a Remote Control Key Fob for a Harley Davidson
Programming an alarm remote for a Harley Davidson motorcycle can be done without having to take your vehicle to a professional. All you need is the key and a couple of minutes.
1. Set the “Run/Off” switch to the “Off” position. Make sure the security lamp is not blinking, and disarmed. The next steps must be completed with less than 10 seconds of pauses in between.
2. Turn the key to “On,” “Off,” “On,” “Off” and “On” again.
3. Push the left turn signal button twice, then let go of it. Wait for one to three flashes from the turn signals and indicator lights for confirmation. The number of flashes will vary, depending on your motorcycle’s configuration.
4. Push the right turn signal switch once, then let go if it. The turn signals and indicator lights will blink once.
5. Push the left turn signal switch once, then release it. The turn signals and indicator lights will blink twice more.
6. Press any button on the remote until you see the lights blink twice more. It may take anywhere from 10 to 25 seconds for the lights to blink after completing this step. If you are programming a second remote, repeat this step. The indicator and turn signal lights will flash twice again after pressing the button on the second remote as well.
7. Turn the key backwards to the “Off” position, then remove it from the bezel. Your alarm’s remote is now functional.