You can receive free HDTV satellite signals with an HD FTA satellite receiver.
In order to receive HD FTA satellite signals, you must have a HD FTA receiver connected to your satellite system. FTA, or free-to-air satellite signals, are broadcast over the airwaves without any encryption methods. The HD FTA receivers work with your satellite to receive the free channels, and send the signal to your HDTV. The HD FTA receiver installs with the same cables, in the same manner, as your standard satellite receiver.
1. Connect one end of the coaxial cable to the “LNB” jack on the satellite dish. If you use a switch in your satellite system to connect multiple receivers, attach the coaxial cable to one of the “TO RECEIVER” jacks on the side of the switch.
2. Fasten the opposite end of the coaxial cable to the “TO DISH” or “LNB IN” jack on the rear of your HD FTA receiver.
3. Plug one end of the HDMI or component cables into the outputs on the rear of the FTA receiver. Connect the other end of the cable to the matching jack(s) on the input panel of your HDTV.
4. Turn on your TV, and turn on your HD FTA receiver. Press the “Input” button on your TV’s remote until the picture from the FTA receiver appears on the screen.
5. Use the “Installation” and “Antenna Setup” settings to choose a satellite and scan for the available channels.