Have you attempted to remove MyHeritage toolbar from your computer only to find it has hijacked your search page and replaced it with MyHeritgage Search powered by Google?
Do you want to remove MyHeritage Search Page and reset your web browser?
The following steps will remove this buggy hijacker and will reset your web browser quickly and easily.
1. If you have not removed the MyHeritage toolbar, celebrity toolbar, or celebrity look-alike toolbar, please scroll down to the resource section of this article and click on Remove MyHeritage Toolbar. Follow the instructions and come back to this article to remove the MyHeritage search powered by Google. If you have already removed the toolbar, continue to step 2.
2. Open a new tab in your web browser or print these instructions.
3. In a fresh window, type “about:config” in the address bar and press enter.
4. Some browsers (Firfox) will display a warning, press the “I’ll be careful, I promise” button.
5. After you click the button a list of all sorts of files will be displayed.
6. Type “keyword.url” into the filter box. The file containing the offending command will appear. Highlight this row by clicking on it.
7. 2) typed my heritage into the filter box
8. 3) clicked keyword.url this highlighted the row in blue
9. Click now right-click anywhere in the blue box. A drop down menu appears, click reset. This will change the offending command to your computers default setting.