Remove Paint From a Windshield
Windshields tend to accumulate everything that comes in contact with the car. Paint, however, is one of those things that won’t readily or easily come off the windshield with traditional soap and water. But for as stubborn as it is, there are several methods that will lift paint from a windshield and leave it looking as though there was never paint there at all.
1. Use a razor blade and water, making sure the area is wet so as not to scratch the windshield. Scrape in a straight forward movement until all the paint is gone. Rinse the area with clear water to get rid of any excess debris.
2. Purchase Bon Ami from a local grocery store. Sprinkle Bon Ami liberally on the stain and scrub with a damp cloth. Rinse the area well with clear water.
3. Apply lacquer thinner or acetone with a soft clean cloth and wipe until the paint is removed. Wipe the area clean with a soft cloth dampened with water once the stain is lifted.
4. Soak a cloth in paint thinner and place it directly on the paint stain for at least 30 minutes. Remove the cloth and gently scrape away the paint with a razor blade. Rinse any debris with clear water.
5. Apply glass cleaner to 0000 steel wool and gently scrub the area until all of the paint is gone. Wipe the area clean of debris with a soft cloth dampened with water.