Remove the Chrome Boot Marks on an Exhaust of a Motorcycle
Riding a motorcycle is an exhilarating expression of freedom firmly rooted in the American zeitgeist. The reality that comes with this is that the chrome parts of your bike, especially the exhaust, can become extremely hot, causing melted residue from the road and the soles of your boots to build up on them. While there is no simple way to remove this build up, with enough persistence and elbow grease, you can make your chrome shine again.
1. Soak the build up on your chrome with WD-40.
2. Spray the sock with WD-40 and place it over the chrome overnight.
3. Remove the sock.
4. Spray the residue with WD-40 again.
5. Scrub the residue with the nonabrasive scrubbing pad. Keep the residue wet with the WD-40 as you scrub to help avoid scratching the chrome.
6. Polish the chrome with the chrome polish and the soft polishing cloth until it shines once the worst of the residue has been removed.