Remove the Seat on a Harley Heritage Classic Soft Tail
Although it may seem trivial, knowing remove the seat from your Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic is required to perform some of the maintenance items you will need later. In fact, some of the items that may need attention every now and then, such as your battery or fuses, reside in the area directly below your seat. Luckily, removing the seat requires a very short learning curve and will only take a few minutes.
1. Remove the passenger seat strap by removing the Torx head screw from the strap’s bracket on either side of the seat. Lift the loose end of the strap over the seat and lay it down gently to prevent damaging the fender.
2. Remove the Torx head bolt from the rear of the passenger seat.
3. Lift the entire seat upwards slightly and pull to the rear of the motorcycle. This will disengage the seat from the catch tab below the fuel tank. Pull the seat free from the motorcycle.
4. Hold the seat at a slight angle with the rider’s saddle tipped downward. Slide the seat forward and slip the metal tab under the saddle into the catch tab on the frame.
5. Lower the rear of the seat onto the frame and tighten the Torx head bolt to secure the seat to the fender.
6. Lift the loose end of the seat strap over and across the seat. Secure it in place by tightening the Torx head bolt into the strap bracket on the side of the fender.