Boot your computer in Safe Mode to get rid of the Temp2.Exe virus.
When your computer becomes infected with the Temp2.Exe virus, you will see a message every time you try to boot your computer saying, “c:windowssystem32temp2.exe caused a problem would you like to save a dump file.” Viruses like this make themselves tricky to remove by preventing you from accessing Windows normally. The trick is to bypass this by starting your computer in “Safe Mode,” from where you can access a tool to remove the virus for good.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key repeatedly as you start your machine. If your machine still starts normally despite the virus, you can skip this step.
2. Run Microsoft’s “Malicious Software Removal Tool.” To do so, select “Run” from the Start menu and then type “MRT.” This tool comes already installed on Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003 computers. If the virus prevents you from accessing your Start menu, download a new copy of the program from Microsoft.
3. Click “Next.”
4. Select “Full Scan.” Though this option takes more time than the “Quick Scan” default, it is also more likely to destroy the virus.
5. Click “Next” and wait for the scan to finish.
6. Follow the prompts to remove the Temp2.Exe virus.
7. Click “Finish.”
8. Restart your computer.