Many methods are used by motorcycle helmet manufacturers to secure a pivoting visor to their helmets. Some use a spring-loaded device that twists off easily, and others use a dedicated pod-style system. Most helmets used by motorcyclists around the world use a traditional lever-style visor mechanism that allows the helmet’s visors to be replaced quickly and without special tools. The procedure may vary slightly among brands.
1. Lift the helmet’s visor into its full-open position.
2. Find the release lever on the visor’s pivoting base on both sides of the helmet.
3. Pull the release levers forward to unlock the visor and release it from its pivoting bases. Set the visor aside.
4. Hold the new visor over the helmet in an approximation of its full-open position.
5. Press one end of the visor into the pivoting base on the side of the helmet until the release lever clicks over it. Press the remaining end of the visor into place.
6. Lower the visor into a full-closed position.