Scott Motorcycle Hand Grips
For serious riders, hand grips are among the most commonly replaced motorcycle parts. Even the most expensive kinds of these become worn and less effective in a short time.
1. Remove the old grips from the motorcycle’s handlebars by slicing one side of them all the way down with a sharp knife, then pulling them off.
2. Clean the metal surfaces where the grips just were as much as possible. This will allow the new grips to stay on much more easily.
3. Take a piece of electrical tape and cover the open ends of both sides of the handlebars.
4. Insert each grip on the bars slightly, then poke a small hole in the end of each grip with your knife. Make this just large enough for the tip of your air compressor’s end to fit in.
5. Insert the air compressor end in each grip and turn on the compressor. This will blow up the grips slightly and remove the vacuum effect, preventing them from being slid on easily. Then, slide them fully on to the handlebars.