The Acura RSX is equipped with front and rear disc brakes.
The Acrua RSX is a compact Japanese sports car with a 2.0-liter engine. All four wheels use disc brakes, which are more powerful than drum brakes, and the pad replacement process is the same for the car’s four wheels. Minimal tools will be needed to replace the brake pads and you can replace the pads on all for wheels in about an hour.
1. Park the car on level ground and turn off its ignition. Loosen the lug nuts on the wheel, turning counterclockwise, using the tire iron. Raise the Acura off the ground with the jack and lower the frame onto a jack stand. Remove the lug nuts and pull the wheel off the frame.
2. Loosen the nuts with the ratchet on the rear of the caliper, turning counterclockwise, and pull the caliper off the rotor. Pull the brake pads off the metal frame around the rotor.
3. Push the piston back into the caliper with the ratchet handle. Place the new pads on the frame around the rotor.
4. Place the caliper on the top of the rotor, over the new pads. Tighten the nuts on the rear of the caliper, turning clockwise.
5. Replace the wheel to the frame and hand-tighten the lug nuts. Raise the jack under the car, remove the jack stand and lower the car to the ground. Tighten the lug nuts with the ratchet to secure the wheel to the frame.