You can reset your Vizio TV in a few steps.
The electronics of a Vizio TV can be interrupted during use if a power surge or outage occurs or the TV is exposed to an electrical discharge such as a lightning storm. You should reset the Vizio TV to its factory settings, since the disturbance will have changed some of the settings and over time can negatively affect the TV. You can perform this procedure through the menu screens using the remote control.
1. Turn on the Vizio TV using the remote control, if the TV is not already on.
2. Press the “Menu” button on the remote control to enter the main menu screen.
3. Push the directional pad on the remote control to the right until you come to the “Settings” icon. Press the “Enter” button on the remote control to display the “Settings” menu.
4. Push down on the directional pad on the remote control until you come to “Factory Reset.” Press the “Enter” button on the remote control to display the “Factory Reset” menu.
5. Push down on the directional pad on the remote control until you come to “Reset All Settings.”
6. Push left on the directional pad on the remote to cause the Vizio to reset itself. Wait as the TV goes black and then restarts. Go through the settings and change them so they are the same as they were before the reset.