Optoma projectors utilize a self-monitoring lamp timer, meaning that resetting the timer is part of the bulb replacement function. Optoma designed replacing the bulb to be a consumer-level process, not requiring a specialized technician to tackle the task. Given this, it is critical that you not ignore bulb replacement warnings. All that is required for replacing an Optoma lamp is a simple screwdriver and care in handling the bulb.
1. Turn off the power to the unit, either from the remote or front panel’s “Power/Standby” button. Allow 30 minutes for the bulb and projector lamp housing to cool.
2. Flip the main power switch, and remove the power cord to completely disconnect the unit.
3. Flip the unit upside down. Use the Phillips screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the lamp cover on.
4. Unscrew the screws holding in the lamp housing with the Phillips screwdriver. Flip up the housing’s handle and pull the old bulb straight out.
5. Insert the new bulb. Complete the process by reversing the bulb removal steps. The lamp timer will automatically reset.
6. Enter the user menu via the remote control. Press “Menu,” “Options,” “Lamp Settings,” “Lamp Reset,” then “Yes” if the lamp fails to automatically reset.